How to list products that do not have a GTIN (UPC, EAN, JAN, or ISBN)
If your product does not have a GTIN (Global Trade Item Number), also called a product ID, you might be eligible to request a GTIN exemption. First, check with Omigod, Dibs! to see if your product already exists. If your product matches an existing product, you can have us add your offer on the existing product detail page without a GTIN. However, if your product does not match an existing product, you need to request a GTIN exemption to have your product added to the store.
This page contains three sections that explain what you need to know before you request a GTIN exemption, detailed steps on how to request a GTIN exemption, and information to help you understand how we add your product after you receive a GTIN exemption.
Before you request a GTIN exemption
Here are some scenarios when you can apply for a GTIN exemption:
- You want to sell products for which the brand, manufacturer, or publisher does not provide a GTIN. For example, private-label products or handmade products.
- You want to sell products for which you are the manufacturer, brand, or publisher and you do not have barcodes on your products. For example, private-label products or handmade products.
- You want to sell product parts that do not have a GTIN. For example, automotive parts or mobile accessories.
- You want to sell a bundled pack of more than one product. For example, a pack containing a leather belt and wallet or a pack of two shirts.
How to request a GTIN exemption
Before your apply, make sure you have one of the following:
- Product name and a minimum of two (and maximum of nine) images showing all sides of your product and the packaging of the product.
Support letter from the brand owner, manufacturer, or publisher that is clear and readable (in English) containing the following information:
- Name and contact information of the person who has written/issued the letter. This should be the brand owner or an authorized person.
- A statement that the brand does not provide a GTIN and the reason why.
- Your physical address, phone number, and email address or website address.
How your product will be added after you receive a GTIN exemption
Once you have a GTIN exemption, you'll have to wait 24 hours before we'll add your product.
After 24 hours, we can add your product in the same way we would with a GTIN.